Anywhere Builder for Mobile
IBM Maximo Anywhere + TRM Anywhere Builder
TRM Anywhere Builder makes configuring Maximo Anywhere simple, cost effective and fast.
Making Mobile Work for You: TRM Anywhere Builder for IBM Maximo Anywhere
IBM Maximo Anywhere is the solution your business needs to deliver instant mobile access to your Maximo Asset Management processes, even when remote workers are disconnected, giving your mobile workforce the ability to:
- Interact with a broad range of instrumented machines and smart devices.
- Complete tasks virtually anywhere with secure, trusted transactions.
As experts in mobile development, we know there’s a high need for enterprise organizations to hire skilled developers to configure Anywhere to meet their unique business requirements. With TRM’s Anywhere Builder, configuring Maximo Anywhere is simple, cost effective and fast.
The Latest Productivity Tool Improving Functionality, Performance & ROI
TRM Anywhere Builder is complete with a variety of capabilities benefitting your business’ operations and productivity, with a design specifically for Anywhere, including:
- Easy‐to‐Use Wizards Giving You the Ability to Connect Anywhere to Your Maximo Data
- Intuitive Buttons for Common Tasks
- Deploy, Preview, Add Fields, Import Data & Beyond
- Easily Customize Screens with Drag’n Drop on WYSIWYG Previews
- Extend Both Anywhere Out-of-the-Box Apps with No Coding, Enabling Your IT Staff to Quickly Meet Business Needs
- Quickly Design Complex Forms for Unique Business Processes While Giving Users Intuitive Displays and Forms
Adding a field to IBM’s Maximo Anywhere
How to use a custom logo in IBM’s Maximo Anywhere
How to Clone a Maximo App
What is the cost and licensing structure?
- TRM Anywhere Builder costs a small percentage of IBM Anywhere. TRM Anywhere Builder pricing is based on the number of IBM Anywhere licenses a client has and is in terms of blocks of users, so a one-for-one license is not required. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any pricing inquiries.
Is there an annual maintenance fee for your product?
- Yes, there will be annual maintenance, which is the standard 20% and will cover patches, hotfixes, bug fixes, support and upgrades.
Is Anywhere Builder part of TRM’s SaaS offering?
- Anywhere Builder, along with TRM RulesManager, are included in TRM SaaS offerings but not part of IBM SaaS resold by TRM.
I am an IBM Business Partner, can I resell Anywhere Builder to my clients or purchase to implement IBM Anywhere projects?
- At this time, no. Only Maximo end customers may buy Anywhere Builder through TRM. We would be happy to work with you and your customer to get Anywhere Builder in place for your deployment. We also encourage the Business Partner community to make a request to your IBM channel rep to get Anywhere Builder on the IBM Pricelist so it may be sold easily to everyone who needs it.
Can Anywhere Builder add custom data to any Anywhere App?
- You can connect to any Anywhere App to any (custom, add-on, etc) Maximo object. Just ensure you remain within the intent of the original application so you do not need to purchase additional MobileFirst licenses.
Can you link an event from WorkExecution to bring up the Asset info in AssetDataManager?
- No, this is not a current feature of Maximo Anywhere. When it is, Anywhere Builder will provide this functionality as well.
Do you support horizontal scrollable UI, for example in a Tablet, if the user wants to scroll right/left?
Does the application rebuild every time you save a file in your project? Anywhere does this and it’s very time-consuming and annoying.
- No, we put an action in the Anywhere Builder to disable the automatic project rebuild.
Like App Designer in Maximo, are there layouts/functionality you can only do in the xml/code that you can’t do in the Anywhere Builder?
- No, our goal was to bring forward everything you need to do in XML into an easy to use graphical interface.
Theoretically, could Builder work with any other applications outside of the Maximo environment?
- No, it is designed to work with IBM Maximo Anywhere.
Does Anywhere Builder support the electronic signature?
Are there any Anywhere Builder limitations that would require the use of two development platforms to accomplish all configurations?
- Not really a limitation, but you cannot build iOS apps on Windows or Windows apps on OSx so you would need two development environments if you are developing applications for both device types.
Is there any way to build reports?
- You can easily build views which can display data that can be developed into a report.
The problem in Maximo Anywhere is that it needs a main object, such as work order or ticket in the worklist, which makes it hard job to group all apps into one.
- Yes, some apps make use of a navigation panel. This would enable usage of multiple main objects, wo, sr, asset etc. depending on what view you navigate to from that panel.
You are still using the OSLC layer right? Will it automatically add OSLC object structures?
- Correct. Anywhere Builder simplifies Anywhere so that the developer does not need an understanding of OSLC.
Does it add additional code to the Anywhere code?
- When adding new events (like hiding or styling), Anywhere Builder will generate all the necessary code hooks to accomplish these events. These hooks are generated via templates, are not copyrighted or proprietary and are for the developer to configure in any way they deem necessary.
So, Anywhere Builder does not add anything into the Anywhere code that requires an Anywhere Builder license on the mobile client or server. It is “just” a simpler way to enhance/modify Anywhere. The resulting code is pure Anywhere.
- Correct. In essence, you would be developing pure Anywhere functionality. We add scripts and syntax to enhance the native functionality.
Do RulesManager rules fire in Anywhere Builder?
- RulesManager is a separate, unrelated product. Anywhere Builder has its own business logic engine to create business rules specific to Anywhere Apps.
Do you have this working with Source Control (like with RM)?
- Yes, we connect to other plugins in Eclipse. So if you have a source control plugin it will be connected to the Anywhere Builder Plugin.
What impact do Anywhere/MobileFirst upgrades/patches from IBM have on Anywhere Builder?
- Anywhere Builder has the ability to export and import all configurations done via Anywhere Builder, making these upgrades significantly easier.
How do you migrate configurations from development to test production environments when these involves modifications to the OSLC objects structures and resources?
- We’ve added a new feature which will apply those changes to any Maximo connection from within the builder, or you can use Migration Manager from inside of Maximo to track the changes.
Do you store all of this in the app.xml and the layout folder? Or do you use the specific folder that indicates all changes made by TRM Anywhere Builder?
- These are stored in the app.xml and the layout folder. We tag all of our items that we create so we can easily find them. Your custom business logic created via Anywhere Builder is stored in a separate directory (like when you create a hide event).
Are there any additional layers added in this framework when the apps run on the mobile device or is this just on the development/design tools?
- No additional layer is added. We developed the tool with that intent so upgrading versions of Anywhere would not be contingent on updating a framework.
Is there a way to group all apps under one?
- If you mean create a universal app with functionality representing all apps, you can customize an app to include data and functionality from all other apps.
How do you initially load all the applications into Builder?
- You import the Maximo Anywhere project that is included when you install Maximo Anywhere.
How do you debug?
- You can debug in Chrome using their developer tools.
Do you have Anywhere Builder developer and user guides you can share?
- Our user guides are available within the product when you purchase it.
Is there an online demo for this (where we can build something)?
- There is currently not a sandbox for Anywhere Builder. You may request a demonstration or view one of our recorded demos on YouTube.
You are using MS Windows OS for this demo, do you also support the AW Builder tool for Eclipse Kepler on Mac OSx to build iOS app?
What is the version of eclipse that Anywhere Builder works on?
- Kepler (4.3.2) and Mars.2 (4.5.2). When IBM updates their MobileFirst studio to work on more recent versions of Eclipse, Anywhere Builder will work on those as well.