The TRM RulesManager summit was a technical two-day program that afforded RulesManager users (Maximo developers) the opportunity to benefit from TRM’s software development team and each other, driving more return on both their investment in IBM Maximo Asset Management® and RulesManager.
TRM RulesManager is a configuration and interoperability tool for the IBM’s Maximo application suite. It enhances Maximo by adding Rapid Application and Business Rule configuration capabilities which precisely align mission requirements to Maximo Service delivery. TRM RulesManager provides data integrity, data migration and integration, user interface enhancement and a full suite of Business Logic configurations for Maximo without the complication, risk and expense required using the traditional Java path.
Technical presentations during the Summit focused on:
- RulesManager features
- Best practices for writing rules
- Using reusable Java script libraries
- RulesManager support and troubleshooting
- Creating Maximo dialogs with RulesManager
- Auditing (configuration management) for Maximo using RulesManager
- Data migration using RulesManager
- Ad-hoc reporting using RulesManager
Several hours were devoted to customer-created Maximo service applications developed with RulesManager, including data entry forms and a Chemical Management System, in addition to a customer roundtable to drive new RulesManager features.
“Seeing first-hand what our customers have accomplished using the power of RulesManager and their level of satisfaction with both this tool and their Maximo systems was what this Summit was meant for. We’re looking forward to bringing more of our fervent customers together next year to continue building their success,” said Al Johnson, TRM’s VP of Software and creator of RulesManager.
Wrapping up the last day were two training tracks set for Maximo 6 and Maximo 7, which featured small groups of users with dedicated TRM RulesManager developers and consultants. Over 75% of the RulesManager users had already upgraded to the latest version of Maximo 7, finding that the value of RulesManager continues to increase with each updated version of Maximo. Our customer from Siemens Government Services said “We really use RulesManager as a development platform.”
Every participant completed a post-event survey and 100% were very satisfied with the event, would recommend this event to other RulesManager users, and are likely to attend next year. One commenter said: “[The] best thing about this event was that the RulesManager developers and crew were so eager to help, explain and assist with the participants. Really makes it come alive as a product.”
We asked our customers to say something about RulesManager and this stood out: “I’m often asked if Maximo can do this. I answer ‘No, but I can [with RulesManager].’ Never has my answer been no.”
Another Federal customer used RulesManager to create a Real Property Management app for Maximo and uses it for all budget formulation. He commented, “I couldn’t do my job without RulesManager.”
The best thing about RulesManager? Said one commenter: “It makes the ‘difficult’ easy and the ‘impossible’ likely.”
TRM is focused on improving the performance of our clients’ operations using IBM Maximo Asset Management and Tivoli Service Management with proven consulting and software solutions. Over the past fifteen years, Total Resource Management (TRM) has delivered successful implementations, integrations, consolidations, upgrades, mobile solutions and training for hundreds of satisfied clients across all asset-intensive industries. Our consultants have:
- Leading industry expertise in best practices
- Combined over 400 staff-years of Maximo experience
- IBM Maximo Asset Management / Maximo 5.x, Maximo 6.x and Maximo 7.x certifications
- IBM Advanced Deployment in Services Management, Service Delivery and Process Automation
- IBM Tivoli certifications in Tivoli Asset Management for IT (TAMIT), Tivoli Service Request Manager (TSRM), Tivoli Application
- Dependency Discovery Manager (TADDM), and Tivoli Change & Configuration Management Database (CCMDB)
TRM’s solution portfolio includes TRM Software (add-on software modules for IBM Maximo Asset Management®):
- TRM RulesManager SE (IBM/Tivoli-Approved) – Designed specifically for configuring IBM Maximo Asset Management® to meet clients’ unique business requirements. It features configuration, integration and data migration capabilities
- TRM Lockout Tagout Manager – The only safety clearance application, powered by RulesManager, and seamlessly integrated with IBM Maximo Asset Management®
- TRM Safety Tagging System – STS is a stand-alone software application that standardizes the lockout/tagout process for maximum worker safety and airtight audit traceability.
TRM is headquarted in Alexandria, Virginia and has business centers across the U.S. For more information, visit www.trmnet.com or call 703-548-4285.
Maximo, Tivoli, IBM Maximo Asset Management and Tivoli Asset Management for IT, Tivoli Service Request Manager (TSRM), Tivoli Application Dependency Discovery Manager (TADDM), and Tivoli Change & Configuration Management Database (CCMDB) are registered trademarks of IBM Corp.
TRM RulesManager SE is a trademark of Total Resource Management.
Total Resource Management